Based in Edmonton, Alberta, with an office in Vernon, British Columbia, Acton Consulting has been providing management consulting services to public, private, and non-profit sector clients for over a decade. We deliver strategic insight, solve client problems, and improve organizational efficiencies through a brand of highly personalized consulting services.
Our project successes are based in the principles and strategies that guide our organization and staff:
- We select and work with compatible organizations;
- We foster a strong work environment and culture that inspires our staff to stay with us;
- We strive to take on only fun and challenging assignments that are consistent with our firm’s values;
- Creativity, teamwork and experience form the core of our practice, along with our expert knowledge of management tools and techniques; and
- We are bound by our commitment to the CMC (Certified Management Consultant) professional designation and its code of conduct demanding client confidentiality and ethical conduct.
Acton's proven approach and innovative methodologies have yielded impressive results for our clients.
2005 Premier's Award, Silver
Acton helped create the Minister's Awards for Municipal Excellence, an Alberta Municipal Affairs program to recognize outstanding achievement by Albertamunicipalities.
2004 Alberta Venture Exemplary Young Employee Award
Acton Consultant Jill Pelton developed an employee resilience assessment while helping municipalities address labour shortages.
2003 Premier's Award, Silver
Acton Consulting helped create the Municipal Excellence Network, an Alberta Municipal Affairs initiative to connect municipalities.
2003 Premier's Award, Bronze
Alberta Transportation found department efficiencies while working with Acton Consulting on a review of its operations.
2000 Premier's Award, Silver
Working with Acton Consulting, Alberta Transportation devised an entirely new system for efficient contract tendering.
1997 Premier's Award, Gold
Acton Consulting helped find cost savings and increase stakeholder satisfaction while working on Alberta Transportation's Design Project Re-engineering project.