Acton works with clients to highlight opportunities in the market, identify risks and mitigation strategies, and plan for future goals and objectives. Overall, it is an organization's ability to plan and define its strategy, and then make aligned decisions with this strategy that will define its success.
A typical set of phases in a strategic planning process would be as follows:
Sample Acton Experience:
Acton provided a strategic planning session for the management team of a healthcare facility. The session focused on helping the team develop and define their three-year strategic objectives and goals.
More specifically, Acton assisted with:
- Testing the validity of the current mission, vision and values as well as strategic objectives
- Creating a strategy map to ensure the chosen strategy is aligned with strategic objectives and goals
- Development of performance measures for each strategy
- Provision of Acton’s Strategic Planning Toolkit (‘Planned Momentum’) to help compile the strategic plan
Provincial Government Ministry
Acton worked with the Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategic planning document to coordinate overall departmental goals, while aligning with existing planning documents, strategies, programs and initiatives. Specifically, the strategic planning process assisted with:
- Setting the Ministry’s direction for the for the next 10 years
- Allowing the plan to serve as guideposts for future decisions
- Enabling the Ministry to manage its strategic plan on an ongoing basis including:
- Being responsive to environmental changes
- Ensuring coordination between their business plan, annual report; divisional/branch operating plans and management performance contracts for operations
- Evaluating process improvements
Return to Executive Decision Support Services.